New Residents

Applying for Water and Trash/Recycling Service

To apply for water and trash/recycling service you must come into City Hall and we will need the following:

  • Application for Service

    • Download the Application for Service or get one at the Water Department. We do not take applications over the phone or via our website. We perform next-day service, so the customer will need to into the office at least one day before the want water turned on.
  • Driver's License

    • The driver's license may be from another state but all licenses must be current. An expired license will not be accepted.
  • Deposit and Non-Refundable Service Fee

    • If the customer is buying the house, they do not have to pay a $100 deposit. They pay only the $25 non-refundable service fee.
    • If the customer is renting, they will need to pay a $100 deposit and a $25 non-refundable service fee for a total of $125.
    • To waive the $100 deposit, the new customer may provide a Letter of Good Credit from another utility service (electric, gas, or water) showing they have not been turned off for non-payment for the previous 12 months. The Letter of Good Credit may be from any state that they had service with as long as it has been within the last 12 months.
    • After a year, if the new customer still has service with the City and has not been turned off for non-payment, the $100 deposit is credited to their account as a payment.

Applications & Forms

Contact Us

For assistance or additional information, please contact the Water Department at (859) 238-1200.

  • Site Search

  • Useful links

  • FAQ

    Payments for water services may be made by cash, check or Money Order made out to “City of Danville” or by registering for the ACH/Direct Debiting program Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM. There is also an after-hours drop box available at the entrance of City Hall and a drive-up drop box in the back parking lot. When using the drop box or paying by mail, please make sure that your check includes either the Book and Account numbers or the service address.
    Meters for residential water customers are read every other month, and the resulting bills are due on the 10th of the following month. When applying for water service, a customer service representative should be able to determine whether your due date for payment will be even or odd numbered months.
    Bills are due by the 10th of the month. Payment plans are available only before the due date of the 10th and only two payment plans may be approved per year. Delinquent notices are mailed and due approximately two weeks later. The delinquent notice includes a 10% penalty and payment is due on the due date listed on the notice. This is considered an extension and no other extensions will be approved after the due date of the delinquent notice.
  • Location Map

© 2021 City of Danville, KY - All Rights Reserved.